We designed Castaway to help you tell the story of business performance the way you want to tell it. An important part of that is being able to tailor the standard reports by adding your own custom Report Formulas to display additional information.
In every report, we have provided specific places where you can add one or more Report Formulas.
To insert a formula in the report:
- Make sure you are in the Reporting workspace with the report open. In this example, we’re working with the Cashflow Report
Click the Report Edit pencil on the left hand side of the Report Toolbar and look for the Add Formula icons. These show where Report Formulas can be added to this specific report.
- To get started on a new Report Formula:
- If there is no Report Formula already in that Report Space, just click the Add Formula icon
- If there IS already a Report Formula in place, right click on the formula row in the report and choose Add Formula
The Custom Report Formulas dialog box appears
- Click on the New Formula button
3. Enter a name for the formula. If you like, you can add a Formula description for future reference, but this is optional
Castaway offers you different display option to choose from and give you more control options over formula output as follow:
4. Click on the Formula Definition tab to go to calculation screen.
5. From the drop down menu under Report type you can choose different reports to access different report members.
6. To add a Report member, highlight it and click on Add tab or you may double click on the report member name to add it to the calculation box.
7. To add a calculation signs, click on the sign tab.
8. To add a fixed number to your formula, type it in the Numeric box and then click on Add tab
9. You can use period offset if you wish to select a prior or subsequent period rather than the current period.
To offset any period’s data in your formula, highlight that report member in the Expression box and typing the number of periods you want to offset from your calculation and click Apply. (choose positive numbers to omit from the beginning periods and type negative number to cut from the end periods)
10. To delete unwanted line in Expression box, highlight it first and click on Delete tab.
11. To replace a report member in Expression Box highlight it first and then locate and highlight the member you want to replace with and then click on Replace tab.
12. Click on Clear tab if you want to remove all the characters in the Expression box.
13. Castaway indicates if your formula is correct or completed by displaying the green GOOD! Signal and indicates if your formula is not correct or completed by giving you the red Invalid Expression.
14. If you have a variable factor you can add it to your formula by setting that variable as driver.(Drivers are listed under Driver report)
15. You can choose to Add, delete, edit or move your formula up and down in the report by right clicking on them and choosing the relevant action from the pop up list. or just simply click on the pen icon on the top left hand side of the reports and click on the radical (root) icon to open the custom report formula dialog box and edit the formula.
16. if you create a custom report (by clicking on the green plus sign in the top right corner of report name or by clicking on the green plus sign next to New Custom Report) you will notice that extra locations are available and you have more freedom moving the report formula up or down.