If you are wanting to add seasonality or use a particular spread when forecasting against your cost or sale elements, a great way to achieve this is through using Custom profiles.
To add a custom profile
- Go to the Setup screen, under the Forecast section you'll see Annual profiles
- Click on the dark blue box with 3 dots next to it and select Add
- Enter a name to the profile and add values for each month – these will represent the spread for the year. When done select OK
In the example above, there is a profile for ice cream sales where 100 is used as a base or normal sales value. For the warmer summer months between Dec and Mar, 200 is used to show a doubling of sales. In the cooler winter periods of Jun to August, a rate of 50 is used to represent half the normal volume of sales. Once you have added your Custom Profile, you'll be able to select and apply it.
Applying a Custom Profile
- In Element Settings, select the element you want to apply the profile against
- In the annual column enter the amount for the year.
- Right-click on the total value, and click on custom profiles. From here select the profile you want. You’ll notice a profile can be added or edited at this step also.
This will distribute the annual figure to each month according to the spread set in the profile.
Spread ALL Years - 445, 454, 544 profile options
There is the default option to select from 445, 454 or 544 profile options – these spread a figure related to the number of weeks in a month across a quarter (based on the theory a financial quarter will be made of 13 weeks: 2 months made of 4 weeks and 1 made of 5 weeks).
Article is closed for comments.