Once you’re happy with the structure of your Chart of Accounts, the next step for you will be to model the elements to your business by changing their element settings. You can change the element settings individually by clicking into each element or change more than one element at once.
We recommend the latter as it will save you time.
This article will guide you on how you can edit Element settings in bulk via Element Groups.
- More than one Sales elements are to be modeled as Units x Rate
- In your forecast file, go to Forecast > Element Settings
- Click on the Element Groups icon ()
- A list of all the element types will appear on the left
- Click on Sales to bring up all your Sales elements
- Select a Sales element and change the Revenue Method to Units x Rate by clicking on the drop-down arrow
- To apply this setting to all the other Sales elements, right-mouse click on the Units x Rate option and select Apply to All
- To apply this setting to a selected few, hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select the elements you want to apply this to. Then, right-mouse click on the Units x Rate option and select Apply to Selected