Wow, it’s early March already and 2021 is in full swing. The world is still working through the impacts of COVID and business is, if anything, even more uncertain. And it’s in times of uncertainty that forecasting becomes more important than ever.
We've long advocated that forecasting is about being prepared in advance for a range of uncertain outcomes ... it's not (and never has been) about predicting a certain future.
To help you on this forecasting journey, the Castaway team are delighted to announce our first update release for the year, v2021.1. We’ve been working hard to build a bunch of new features to expand your modelling options, deliver deeper insights and improve your productivity.
Among the highlights of v2021.1, you’ll find:
- a Taxable Income report that details how Castaway calculates taxable income
- the Opening & Actuals screen now shows numbers to 2 decimals, making it much easier to track down minor rounding errors
- a new modelling option to Transfer Recovery to Fixed Assets that makes it much easier to handle capitalised expenses for things like construction WIP, internally generated fixed assets and software development costs
- a new Integrations workflow for creating and updating mapping files
- in Loan elements with payment holidays, we’ve updated the calculation of interest paid in the first repayment after the holiday ends
- in Report Stacks, the Report On list for variance reports has been enhanced, giving you more flexible reporting
- when custom reports are exported to Excel, more complex customisations like reordered headings and custom formula locations will now flow through to the Excel workbook
- we’ve added a new dependency check to prevent Additional Bank Accounts being deleted while elements are still dependent on them
- in Trade Finance elements with the Drawdown Method set to ‘% of Sales Invoices’, Castaway now correctly picks up the invoice values for sales elements where the Cashflow Method is set to Evenly During Month
A video of our release webinar can be found below:
- How to tell your software version (00:40)
- Taxable Income Report (01:43)
- Opening & Actuals screen now shows numbers to 2 decimal (07:00)
- a new modelling option to Transfer Recovery to Fixed Assets (09:00)