UPDATE 6 Jul 2022 10.53 am
The issue has been resolved. Our Engineering team advise that the database servers reached capacity limits, which prevented some users from successfully accessing Castaway. Capacity has been increased, so users can once again access Castaway.
We are in the process of contacting all affected users personally. The advice from 10.23am can be ignored. Please enable internet access and open Castaway in the usual manner
UPDATE 6 Jul 2022 10.23 am
Several users have reported receiving an 'Unable to determine this Application's licence' error. Our Engineering team is investigating.
It is still possible to access Castaway with the following steps:
- turn off internet access
- open Castaway. It should open successfully
- once Castaway is open, you can reconnect to the internet without issue
At this stage, we recommend keeping Castaway open until we have resolved the issue.
We will update this page as information becomes available.
Michael Ford, CEO
To verify and validate your subscription, Castaway needs to check your licence information against the information in our licencing server. The inability to receive the return message is the problem that's causing you to get the error message "Unable to determine this Application's license. Please contact our Support Team" while attempting to access Castaway.
This could be due to the following reasons:
1. There is no internet connection
2. Your system's firewall is blocking the return message
3. You do not have sufficient read or write permissions on the folder containing the licence file
To solve this, try the following:
1. Make sure Castaway has access to the internet.
2. Ensure that your firewall is not restricting Castaway. There should be no restrictions to our licensing website: https://castawaylicense-api.azurewebsites.net/
3. You must have read and/or write permissions to the Castaway Forecasting Castaway.licx file. This file is in C:\programdata\financier on Vista and Windows 10 systems. On XP, it is in: C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\Local Settings\Application Data\Financier. In the case of server installation, a common server might be used for holding all user instances; this may result in all users sharing c:\programdata\financier\castawaylicx file
Please also note that some ARM-Based Processors like SurfacePro X can not run 64-bit apps. Please refer to Are ARM-Based Processors able to run a 64bit app? for more information.
For Mac users:
If you are using parallel on Mac, you might need to give Parallels the security permissions in the Macs operating system.
You might need to give access in the Macs firewall settings too which is in another tab in the same mac settings area
Please refer to Why does Parallels Desktop need access to macOS documents? for more information.
If none of the above resolves your access issue, or if you would like further guidance on the above, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team.