Castaway data files are separate from the program itself. That means Castaway data files can be saved to any location where the you have read/write access (ie similar to a Word or Excel file). Examples include:
- a local folder (say on the Desktop or My Documents)
- an internal data server
- online storage sites such as DropBox, Microsoft OneDrive or GoogleDrive.
If you don’t remember where you’ve saved a Castaway file, there are 2 ways to find it:
1. Castaway recent files list
In Castaway, go to File > Open Recent. The last 8 files you opened will be listed here.
2. Windows Search
in Windows, click the Start button and use the Search bar. You could try:
- a specific search for the file name (if you know it)
- a generic search for Castaway files (search for *.pxif)
- a generic search for Castaway consolidation files (search for *.pxic)
- a generic search for Castaway mapping files (search for *.pxim)
Please sign in to leave a comment.