The third update for Castaway Forecasting in 2016 is here … and it’s a game-changer!
What’s new (the quick guide)?
- More intuitive Chart of Accounts display in the Forecast Designer
- Massive speed improvements in building Castaway files from MYOB AccountRight Live or Xero via the Castaway Integrations Add-on, including:
- Drag & drop mapping
- Importing of Opening Balances
- Multi-month importing of actuals data
- A new online help portal
Although every user will benefit from the changes, the biggest productivity improvements will be experienced by users working with MYOB Accountright Live and/or Xero via the Integrations Add-On module. If you work with these GL systems and don’t use the Castaway Integrations Add-on, now is a great time to take a look. For more information:
What’s new (more detail)?
More intuitive Chart of Accounts display in the Forecast Designer
We’ve updated the way you see the Chart of Accounts in the Forecast Designer, making it much easier to make the right decisions around element types, element settings and reporting options. We’ve also made some minor reporting improvements and fixed a few small bugs.
Massive speed improvements building files via the Integrations Add-on module
The improvements in v2016.3 make it much faster to:
- Build or maintain your Chart of Accounts manually via the Forecast Designer
- Build a Chart of Accounts by mapping straight from MYOB AccountRight or Xero (via the Integrations Add-on module)
- Import opening balances and multiple months of actuals from MYOB AccountRight or Xero (via the Integrations Add-on module)
In our internal testing, we were able to:
- Build a simple Castaway forecast from a 99 line Xero file, importing opening balances and 12 months of actuals … 5 minutes 8 seconds
- Build a new multi-departmental Castaway file with complex mapping from a 152 line MYOB chart of accounts, then importing opening balances and 36 months of actuals … 10 minutes 51 seconds
A new online help portal
We’ve just launched our new online help portal, which contains articles, videos, sample Castaway files and a whole lot more. You will find full release notes for v2016.3 there, together with installation instructions and videos covering the changes.
Access the portal by: